Monday, July 7, 2008

Promoted? Part two

An elderly woman in my neighborhood often has a difficult time coming to church as she is an amputee. On these Sundays, Jeff and a couple young men usually go over to her house to give her the sacrament.

Yesterday as Jeff approached her house, the woman’s granddaughter saw him coming, yelled to her grandma in the house, and went inside. When Jeff got inside the woman said, “My granddaughter just yelled to me, ‘Grandma! God’s here!'”

And Jeff’s response? “Yeah, I get that a lot.”

1 comment:

Ben and Iris said...

Now that you mention it, I have noticed a certain "glow" around Jeff. I suppose it could have been a halo. I just thought is was the sun in my eyes. Silly me.
We will have to get him some wooden shoes so he can walk on water just like your Dad.