Saturday, February 28, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Hi. This is me crying “Uncle!” I’m done. The last week has been out of con-trol and I’m ready for it to settle some. And how do I deal with this? Blogging out my frustrations. Yes, it is very passive aggressive. And yes, there are starving children in Ethiopia that wouldn’t appreciate my pathetic whining, so it’s good that they don’t have a computer to read it. The following has all happened in the last 7 or so days:
- Jeff got bit by a dog while showing a house to clients.
- A roof leak, discovered by water filled bubbles in the bathroom ceiling dropping water. Call the roofer.
- Working late nights. Remind me that I love my job. Usually I do, just not particularly at the moment.
- 6 Days with NO HEAT in our house. Thankfully friends and family took pity on us to house us and our cat. Our cat repaid the kindness, by trying to run away and scratching my sister’s face. Sweet little thing.
- My body doesn’t seem to know what time of the month it is. It’s confused. Someone please send it a memo. Or rather a calendar.
- My office moved. Oh the joy of moving! I now have lost a bookcase. But don’t worry; the movers brought the shelves that go it in.
- I forgot to call my sister to wish her Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday Deb! I'm a bad sister.
- Now we’re home, but with no heat in the kitchen or Jeff’s office. Temperatures above freezing are over-rated anyhow.
- Jeff has a knee brace and sore back. Ice and Heat, ice and heat. I suppose the freezing temperatures in his office will cover the “Ice” part. Bonus there.
I thought I was dealing rather well with everything until today. TOTAL clog in the toilet and tub. Note: when we flushed the toilet, it came up in the tub. Completely disgusting and I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to do that. The toilet had to be removed to snake the drain. Thanks to our neighbor who came to our rescue- as we literally didn’t have a pot to pee in.
Monday, February 2, 2009
And getting a little R & R on the beach,