Monday, February 2, 2009

Marketing works- even on reality tv

Not too long ago, Jeff and I were watching John and Kate plus 8. I gotta admit that it's a personal favorite. True, Kate is a bit scary, but there's something about that I enjoy and find amusing. And the kids are just too cute. So a few weeks ago they aired the episodes of the Gosselins going to Hawaii. Not ten minutes later Jeff, my personal travel agent, jumped online. Lo and behold, a cheap Expedia package later, we spent a week on the North Shore of Oahu. Thank you Gosslins! Can you go to Europe next? Maybe the Gosselins go Greek? I have to admit that the Gosselins are losing a bit of their cute factor since they moved into a $1.35 million dollar home, but their little show still influenced us to go to Hawaii- no complains here!

But now that we are home, here are a few of the things we will miss:


Farmers markets and the goodness of fried food things
Touring the North Shore:

Fresh roadside fruit, mini-pineapples, pineapple ice cream & shaved ice:

Hiking:

And getting a little R & R on the beach,
watching wales jump in the ocean, & sea turtles swim alongside the beach:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

Kimberly said...

They have people from Wales there?? Jumping in the ocean?? WOW I really gotta see that! Just have to give you crap because I am the WORST speller.

Janet said...

I so want to go there again! I love it there! By the way, it's "shave ice" not shaved ice.

rachel said...

That's it, I need a blog editor. I can't trust that spell check!

Matt & Darla said...

That's funny, Rachel! Matt and I actually have almost the same pictures of the 2 of us when we went a year ago to Oahu! SO FUN!! I could definitely live there...........

Connie said...

I'm so happy you were able to jet off to the islands. Oh, how I long for sunshine, and a warm sandy beach.

Jeremy and Heidi said...

I'm jealous. February is the perfect time for a tropical vacay to subside the winter-time blues. PS I love Jon and Kate + Eight, too! It makes me feel a lot less stressed about my own life.