Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rach-ivus: like Festivus but better


After a long week in the office and on the road for work I declaired Friday to be Rach-ivus. My own person holiday off of work. I've decided that Rach-ivus will be a reoccuring holiday happening every month in an attempt to keep a bit of my sanity intact.
For this Rach-ivus:

I slept in- mmmmm...
Blog surfed- catching up on all the blogs stalk
Shopped at Home Depot- buying recessed cans and browsing lighting
Bought 3 pairs of shoes- this could only be done in the name of a holiday
Ordered a webcam- yes mom, I'll be comming to a Skype call near you
Planned a girls weekend for my sisters
and watched Pure Country.

A good holiday all in all. Here's to next month.

3 comments:

H Yoho said...

King George and shoes!?! I need a Rachivus day too.

Sarah holman said...

I think that sounds quite delightful. More people should declare personal holidays!

Becca said...

Good for you! After your last week you deserved it. I like the idea - I think I need to pawn Emily off and take a kid-free day. I'm definitly liking the shoe idea.