Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am strong, I am invincible!

We've taken control of our basement renovation and the last two days have been spent finishing sheetrock. And yes, you are right- I AM women, hear ME roar! It's going well and to top it off, I strapped on the trusty old tool belt inherited from my dad. I felt totally cool loaded up with hammer, nails, screws, tin snips, drywall tape, utility knife, the works. But I'm definitely starting to understand the cause of plumbers crack. Your Roto-Rooter plumber Ralph, he can't help it. The belt just tends to send the pants southward. Anyhow, we hope to wrap up the sheetrock this week and I'll be laying tile this weekend. Our bishop has volunteered to help get me started on the tile, so I'm thinking I should probably remedy the tool belt issue before then... just a thought.

3 comments:

Ben and Iris said...

I am soooooo proud of you. The world should realize by now that my kids are not afraid to tackle anything.
I remember years ago when Michelle was under the truck changing the oil while her husband was upstairs cooking dinner. Girls, don't let anything stop you!!!!!!! I heard someone say once that guys are only good for one thing and just how important is parallel parking anyway?
O.K. so I have learned how to do that also here in Europe. Your MOM

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Nope. Sorry, there's no good excuse for plumbers crack, Rach.

Kimberly said...

I wanna see pictures--of the basement, not the plumbers crack!