Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ruby Jan


Our little girl decided not to wait for her due date, making her debut on Monday, exactly two weeks early. I introduce to you our little

Ruby Jan
7 lbs 10 oz
18 1/2 inches
stinkin cute

To give the quick version of the story:
I headed into work Monday, feeling a bit uncomforatble, but otherwise fine- definately no clues that I would be having a baby that day. Starting around 2:30p I starting having some pain in my abdomen and lower back. It started getting more intense and regular, every 10 minutes. I figured I had just overdone it that day but headed home to rest. I got home at 3:30p and the surges just increased from there as I spent some time in the tub. At this time Jeff called my doctor and doula who both recommended that I head to the hospital to get checked out. We didn't even have a bag packed so dear Jeff quickly threw some things together and we headed in. We drove to the hospital and by the time I was taken into a room, changed into a gown and checked it was about 6:00p and I was told my water hadn't broken. But that was the only thing "keeping me pregnant" as I was dialated to a 9.
From there it was a quick, unmedicated and intense labor with fabulous people supporting me! Jeff was a wonderful, calming and strong support, my dear doula Claire was a saint as she helped me labor, breathe, and change positions, a bonus midwife helped me progress (eventhough she was dressed up and only at the hospital for a meeting), and my doctor and his magic fingers helped Ruby make her arrival at 7:19pm.

I'm honestly still in shock that I did it and that this little beauty is our baby girl! But, it looks like the little nugget would like to eat now so I'll update more soon!

11 comments:

Jen said...

So happy for you! Congrats!

Melinda said...

Congratulations! What a beauty!

Sharmyn said...

I was just doing my bi-monthly check on your bloggy - and oh WOW! She is beautiful, really beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Hooray.

the green's said...

Congrats!! She is very cute! Hopefully I'll get to meet her at you baby shower.

Karie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful and thanks for sharing your story.

Becky said...

Good work, Cuz! I love you guys and I'm so happy for you. I'm so excited for Ruby that she has such wonderful parents! Good work!

Becca said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. She's beautiful!

Christina said...

Congrats are your darling baby. It was so nice seeing you again after so many years. I remember when you were born and how we were all so in love with you!

Connie said...

Congrats Mommy and Daddy! I'm so happy for the both of you. Enjoy her, she'll get big before you know it.

She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a great birth story! Calm, and quick. Good job, and congratulations.