Friday, January 29, 2010

suckers


This is how Ruby wants to sleep, in our arms or on our chest. And often that's what she gets. We're suckers, and can't help but want to cuddle up to the little thing every chance we get. I can't help but think that in 15 years, she won't be so fond of us. We'll be the lame parents that won't take her to get her belly button pierced or she'll want to walk 10 feet in front of us because we are embarrassing. So now, while we're still her favorite, I'm going to cuddle with her and spoil her all I can. Yes, I do think about things too much.


Yes, we are smitten. We are in deep smit.


But I seem to remember in years past, when I'd be changing the poopy diaper of a nephew or niece, I'd grimace or pull a face at the smell. People would say, "Oh, it's different when it's your own baby. You won't think it smells bad or is gross." ... right... You people were wrong. Still poop. Still smelly. But we're still smitten.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really need to bring your shower gift over - can you email me your phone number and address??

the green's said...

I also need to get you your gift. So let me know when would be a good time and I willalso need you number and address. She is so cute, keep enjoying her!!