Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've chosen my mid-life crisis

One of my coworkers has decided that for her mid-life crisis, she'll be the tortilla lady at Cafe' Rio or Costa Vida, making warm tortillas all day. One of my bosses has missed his mid-life crisis, but has planned a 3/4 crisis to become a pilot. As for me, I'll be a backhoe driver. Either that or drive a bulldozer.

They're very similar and both knock things down, make holes and move stuff around. So one of these days when I get fed up and need to make some drastic change, this will be it. I already have my hard hat from work. But as you can imagine it's crisp and clean and doesn't show that much love, wear and tear. I keep secretly wishing that one of these days when I'm on a job site that I'll be able to talk a contractor into letting me use a backhoe or bulldozer, but unfortunately there are those crazy safety rules, OSHA and liability garbage that would likely get in the way. Either that or they seem to think I'm klutzy or something. I'm allowed to climb on a building, all over the roof or catwalks, or over a hill of dirt all I want, I just can't knock it over. So rude.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Maybe it was your falling through a ceiling episode that makes people think they shouldn't let you operate heavy machinery. But hey, I won't tell if you don't. Suzi has a backhoe, bulldozer, digger-thingy that I know they would let you drive because they offered to let my son drive it.

Mich said...

Welcome to blogland!

Connie said...

So excited that you have a blog! Sounds like a fun mid-life crisis, but somehow, I think that if it's planned, it's not a crisis.

(Let's) GO FLY A KITE!! said...

You know what...I'm still trying to decide what to be when I grow up...now you tell me I have to figure out what to be for my mid-life crisis. AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!