Thursday, February 14, 2008

Single Awareness Day

Two items of note today:

1. Happy Birthday to my sister Debbie!
Enjoy your birthday blueberry pancakes!
Love you sis!


2. I have triumphed over Valentines Day! Or Single Awareness Day as I used to call it- because really let's be honest, it's mainly a marketing day for florists, candy companies and jewelry stores. While I sound cynical, let me specifically say: Yes, I love the dinner my husband makes me, cards and all that goodness, (he's a great cook) and is so good to me that I don't want to make light of that in any way.
But my triumph is really over the fact that for the third year in a row- I AM NOT A FLORIST!
  • I don't work at a flower shop anymore, my fingernails are not a algae-reminiscent green, and I didn't have to work until all hours of the night arranging, wrapping and selling over-priced roses!
  • I don't have to give relationship advice to strange men wanting to know "what do I put on the card so she'll... ya know..." ---"NO, I don't know" is my answer.
  • And I won't get yelled at because the roses aren't the exact Sterling roses from the movie "Bed of Roses" that are her favorite! (Can you tell I have some floral baggage?)
Anyway, this truly is a day for celebration! So Happy Valentines Day to you!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Happy Valentines day to you! Just curious..How would you feel if Jeff bought you flowers on Valentines Day? Also, what is your favorite flower?

Becca said...

Hallelujah!!! I can sympathize because I've been there and I still wonder why you put up with it for so long.

(Let's) GO FLY A KITE!! said...

Yeah...back at you. Still "Single Awareness Day" for me. But it was a great reason to break my lent and eat chocolate. Hi Rachael...from Robin.

Mich said...

I so wanted to walk into the nearest flower shop and laugh loudly and hysterically, then turn and walk out singing "Freedom!" at the top of my lungs. But then I thought, "Wait, I might be working here for extra cash on Mother's Day..."