Monday, February 18, 2008

today I love:

No longer having a ghetto mirror mounted above my fireplace. And it’s probably a good thing it’s gone too because it was attached with only a few small screws. An earthquake and that sucker would have come down. Come to think of it, I live in an 93 year old brick house, so when my house slides off the foundation, I don’t think the mirror will be my biggest concern.

The new color of my living room. It looks great with the fireplace tile and really makes the wood pop.—picture to come

Home Depot. It’s the best place to spent money or waste time looking at fabulous things. Not only “You can do it. They can help.” But they also send in mail-in rebates for you. They have a little station to fill the info out and the send it in. Brilliance!

Behr Paint. It applies easily, is great for color matching with Home Depot’s handy dandy color match machine, it’s durable yet still lower in VOCs (volatile organic compounds) than most paints and it’s reasonably priced. Plus it’s a good excuse to go to Home Depot.


Leonidas Roses, Fall Hydrangea, Hypericum, Peonies, Dahlias… Connie asked, “How would you feel if Jeff bought you flowers on Valentines Day? Also, what is your favorite flower?” Jeff wouldn’t buy my flowers on Valentines Day because he knows I’m not a fan of Valentines flowers- cliché, pricey, poor quality, etc. He has sent me flowers for our anniversary and best of all, just randomly out-of-the-blue for no particular reason—those are the best! Some of my favorite flowers are Leonidas Roses, Fall Hydrangea, Hypericum, Peonies, Yarrow, Anemones, Aggies…

Jeff coming home from being out of town! He’s been gone for a friends wedding and gets home tonight! Yeah! I've noticed that whenever he’s out of town I start to understand crazy old ladies who have multiple cats. I find myself talking to our cat a ridiculous amount; I take poor Spice from room to room, talk to her about what I’m doing next, what we should eat for dinner, should we go get the mail, I have her hang out with me while I get ready for work… I get a bit nutty. And this is what poor Jeff gets to come home to.

Dr. Pepper. The real stuff, not the Diet. It’s just so fantastic, especially when you haven’t had it for a while… the nectar of the Gods!

Fish Tacos from Rubios. So good! And to make it even better, at the Rubios on 4th, they are only $1 on Tuesdays! The ultimate pre-belly dancing dinner!


Ikea. Because really, who doesn't?

1 comment:

Connie said...

I've decided that you and Michelle are just quick and whitty! Your blog is so much fun to read, and I'm getting to know you just a little bit better every single day!