Monday, August 25, 2008

Deodorant cures Kankles

Let me explain- No, too much. Let me sum up. (anyone catch that movie reference?) Anyhow, I went golfing for my first time last Friday. When I first started in the architecture industry, I was told that if I wanted to be successful that I needed to learn to golf. At first I thought it was a joke but now realized how much business is truly done on the golf course. Jump to last week and my work had an in-office golf tournament. Since this would be me making a fool of myself in front of my coworkers, which is pretty standard, I decided to go. To ensure I would have a good time, I guilted one of the good office golfers with the biggest ego to be on my team. I figured that if nothing else, I could enjoy myself tormenting him with my mad and fabulous golf skills. I ended up having a rather enjoyable time and did reasonably well. I was rather impressed with myself especially considering my complete lack of grace or athletic ability. The issue however is that we golfed at a lovely course in the middle of a swamp near the airport. Beautiful yes, but the mosquitoes found it beautiful too. And they decided to have my blood for breakfast and brunch. Apparently my right arm and right ankle are tastier than the rest of me as evident by the 8+ bites on each. This left me ridiculously burning bites which have swollen my ankle to what my sweet husband has now deemed a Kankle.

Kankle n. when the calf has so much fat on it that it blends with the ankle forming a kankle, also spelled cankle.

In my furry of burning and frustration, I was told that deodorant helps take away the sting, itch and inflammation. In summary: Today, my pits and my ankle smell like Wild Freesia- and I’m itch free. Oh, and the kankle is going away too.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Is it Princess Bride?? Inigo Montoya??

Anonymous said...

I was going to say Princess Bride, too.

ow, and ow.

Mich said...

I have 6 bites on my left hand, although I didn't go golfing. I can atest to the fact that deoderant WORKS! However, you need to get the invisible stuff--deoderant on your hand + black skirt = alot of explaining

Ben and Iris said...

I have you beat. The first day in Belgium was wonderful, not a bug in sight. I wondered why no one has screens on the windows. (The Europeans have a thing for sparkling windows and it would be hard to wash them every week with screens in the way) Any way, we slept with the windows open and felt marvelous. Well...next morning 27 mosquito bites on my face, yes just my face. Why did I not hear about your trick, I looked like a teenager with acne for a week.(bought a screening kit and things are much better now) MOM

Unknown said...

Wow... it's the other benefit of using deodorant.

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Kankle. Word just conjures up a giggle. Gotta love Jack Black.