Thursday, August 6, 2009

waterworks

You throw enough hormones surging through my pregnant body and apparently it brings on the tears- with a vengeance! I'm usually not much of a cryer. Didn't cry at graduation, my wedding, when I got engaged, etc. I'm generally not a weepy girl. I didn't even cry in front of one of professors in architecture school which is a feat of strength that many guys can't say they achieved. But now I cry all the time. And if it's an emotional time "worthy" of crying, once I start I just can't stop. Ever.

But really maybe some of these things are worthy of crying? Watching the movie Australia, crying at each of the 5 endings in that movie. Reading Father's Day cards in the greeting card isle at Smith's. ALL Lifetime and Hallmark movies. Most sappy country songs throw me over the edge. And some of the non-sappy ones. Throwing up is a way emotional experience. And so is being nauseous. And when the serial killer on Law and Order was killed by the Detective's mentor, that was totally a legitimate time to cry. Right?

9 comments:

Jen said...

Hold onto your hat...this is just the start of a wonderful thing called "the adverse affects of motherhood". It only gets worse. Worth it, though! :)

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Australia?? Please. No, totally serious, though--I know what you mean. For me it was Charlotte's Web and ditto on the Country songs.

Nicky Yamamoto said...

Friend, I'm right there in it with you. It's ridiculous what causes you to cry- I've shed tears over EVERYTHING!! Good luck!!

Ben and Iris said...

Wait till you serve a mission in your old age. You will start crying every time someone mentions kids and grandkids. All they have to do is ask "how many do you have?" and your dad starts to roll his eyes knowing that I will start to blubber. I have to have a package of kleenex in every pocket, purse and church bag. I can't even look at children without falling apart. Now I am even starting to choke and tear up when I see a group of Elders waiting at the bus
stop. I really loose it when I think I won't be there when your little one is born. I love being your MOM Rach.

Janet said...

Welcome to my world.

Kimberly said...

Great. Now mom has me crying too. I think you are totally justified in crying anytime you want. I had a co-worker who would say "There is a great couch on sale I really want--guess it is time to go home and cry so I can have it". Now that kinda crying is disgusting. But Law and Order, baby stuff and all else--totally worth the tears! Just don't go to church, it will never stop when you feel the Spirit!

Connie said...

I'm kind of laughing at this post...because I relate so well. When I was pregnant with Jackson, the tears weren't that frequent...but now that there's a girl on the way, I can't stop crying.

So, here's my prediction. I think you're having a girl. And, that's why you're crying a lot...girls are emotional (all those extra hormones).

e-clan said...

Just wait, you might even cry during Home Depot commercial (not my personal experience, but i've had plenty of others). The wonders of pregnancy.

Matt & Darla said...

LOL - That's me EVERY DAY! LOL I seemed to get 'touched' by something several times a day and it brings tears to my eyes. Matt just automatically knows that when we're watching a really good movie....or a good song is on....or I'm in church....or in the Temple....it's gonna happen! And I'm not even pregnant! Imagine if I ever do get pregnant.....:)
Hope you feel better soon!! But always remember to 'enjoy' these moments because you can, even if it's harder sometimes than other times. :)