Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The sequel...

While at dinner at my parents’ house on Sunday, my mom was telling us how people have been asking her about her biggest fear of going on a mission. She isn’t too concerned with going to a foreign country; they have been traveling more the last few years so it isn’t scary. She isn’t worried about leaving her parents, even though there is a good chance they will pass away while she is gone- she has accepted that and still feels compelled to go. Her biggest fear is that I will have a baby while she is gone. So if you twist around my mom’s words, which of course I will, she is more afraid of me having offspring than she is of death. So, now as a sequel to a previous blog, I have a new response to the baby question:

“I’m sorry, my parents are being righteous. So as long as they are, I’m not allowed to be.”

1 comment:

Ben and Iris said...

People think that just because we already have 18 (yes 18) grandchildren that we would get used to this. Actually each one is fantastic. I'm just glad I didn't have to give birth to them and I am really glad that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night with them. Rach, you have my permission (as if you needed it) to have 12 babies while we are gone, just as long as you bring them over to show them off. Love MOM