Monday, April 7, 2008

David Bowie: Coming to a Chevron near you!


I have a way of getting detoured while driving on the west side of the valley. I don’t know what it is, but get me west of 200 West and I will ultimately find the most inconvenient or round-about way to get somewhere. I’ve maneuvered foreign cities in French, Spanish and Creole better then I have the west half of the valley. Don’t ask me why.

This being said, last week I missed a turn off of Bangerter Highway and ended up randomly taking a right on 5400 South-ish (see I never know quite where I am). This detour added to a not so pleasant morning. So I pulled over at a Chevron to get some gas and fuel (Dr. Pepper) in order to carry on my travels. Little did I know that I would be greeted by David Bowie behind the counter and a good, “Now, how are you doin’ today?”

As he asked me this, I noticed that he was semi-dancing to the fab 80’s music on his radio, but only dancing from the chest up- kind of rocking side to side and cocking his head in sync. Who knew David Bowie would be working at a gas station in Taylorsville? He kept up the suave dance and the way he spoke. As he asked for me to put in my PIN number it almost made me feel like I was being solicited or something similarly unholy. It was a very creepy yet exhilarating experience to have David Bowie helping me with my chocolate donut. Hmm. If I knew Mr. Bowie would be there, I would probably venture to the west side more often. So… Mr. Bowie... Let’s dance!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I think you may be secretly related to my sister, Susannah. She is ALWAYS spotting someone "famous". Ask her about the time she saw Angela Lansbury driving a yellow VW Beetle in Provo . . . .