Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Damn Feline

I’m not talking about my cat, but rather an unknown neighborhood cat that commits its heinous doings under the veil of darkness.

To back up, yesterday I got a ton of starts and plants from my neighbor to plant in my front yard. Given that we’ve been focusing on the back yard, the front was starting to look like a pathetic wasteland that would be used in a public service announcement about serving your poor elderly neighbor… Oh wait, my yard was already used for that earlier this year. (Stay tuned to a commercial break near you.)

Anyhow, I was digging in the front yard last night until after dark. I wasn’t able to get all of the plants from my neighbor in the ground and had to temporarily put them in big containers until I could plant them this morning. So I got up early today and was planting along and a few plants in, I caught the unmistakable smell of cat feces. I figured I had dug into an area where a cat had made a deposit, grimaced and continued on- silly cat. Then I realized as I was planting the next few plants that those stunk like cat pee too. All of the plants in two of the large pots, which smelled like flowers last night, now emit cat pee! A cat sprayed my plants last night! And this left me, gagging and planting pee-tainted plants! Did I mention that I opted not to wear gloves this morning? Yep... damn feline.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Sprinkle pepper around your plants, it makes the cat sneeze and leave.

H Yoho said...

Dogs rool, cats drool.

Kimberly said...

Yeah! Another reason for me not to work in my yard. (like I needed more reasons) Thanks.